Mike, that lucky duck, got to celebrate his birthday in Hawaii. Birthdays are cause for celebration enough, but knowing that we were on vacation we felt like doing something special. We went to a luau, complete with a pig cooked in an imu pit, hula dancers, and lots of chickens running around everywhere (feral chickens and roosters are all over the place on Kauai, so it would have been weird to NOT see them and hear them cock-a-doodle-doo-ing). The food was amazing. Mike said, "I wish we could dig an imu pit in our backyard." I don't think the housing office would be too happy with us if we did that, but maybe one day. If so, you are all invited to our first luau.
 |
| Hey Rebecca, I thought of you..."He's peacocking!" |
 |
| Crazy roosters running around protecting their turf! |
 |
| Birthday Boy |
 |
| Blowing into conch shell horns to announce the unearthing of our pig dinner! |
SO beautiful! And I see the third wheel mustache was not scared off by the tsunami...
ReplyDelete