Thursday, June 23, 2011

10!

Ten foods I am obsessed with lately:
1. Strawberries
2. Garbanzo Beans
3. Feta Cheese
4. Straun (a type of bread we get from the Farmer's Market)
5. Crystal Light Peach Iced Tea
6. Avocados
7. Burgers
8. Very Berry Antioxidant Snack Mix from 2J's (Almonds, pepitas, dark chocolate, & all kinds of dried berries)
9. Green Mountain Coconut Coffee
10. Anything from Yogurt City

Nine books I have read and enjoyed this year:
1. Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall
2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
3. Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
4. Marta's Legacy (Series of 2 books) by Francine Rivers
5. The Huger Games (Series of 3 books) by Suzanne Collins
6. Mark of the Lion (Series of 3 books) by Francine Rivers
7. Praying for Strangers by River Jordan
8. Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum
9. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

Eight materialistic things I couldn't live without, if stranded on a desert island:
1. Clean underwear
2. Deoderant
3. A good book
4. Sunscreen
5. Sunglasses
6. Bathing suit or quickly-drying clothing
7. Soap
8. A weapon (to protect myself from giant polar bears...a la Lost)

Seven things you can do outside on a nice day:
1. Walk the dog
2. Read a book
3. Plant flowers
4. Go for a hike/bike ride/jog
5. Go to a baseball game
6. Play Bocce Ball
7. Mow the grass

Six things I wish I knew how to do:
1. Draw
2. Bake things with yeast
3. Grow things...better
4. Speak Spanish
5. Build things using tools
6. Drive a stick

Five random facts:
1. My hair was white-blonde and curly when I was young, and then it fell out and freaked out my parents. It grew back this blond-red color, but I still have a bright blond streak that you can see when I put it up.
2. Mike and I both love to cook and try new recipes...so much in fact, we rarely repeat the same recipe twice, unless it is really good.
3. I won a Young Author Contest in sixth grade and still hope to one day write a book.
4. Moving and meeting new people is still extremely intimidating to me.
5. Montana is turning me into a lover of fine wine and micro brews.

Four "Montana" things I want to do before we move:
1. Hike and camp overnight in Glacier
2. Go to Yellowstone/snowmobile in Yellowstone
3. Visit Missoula
4. Learn how to ski

Three people who make me laugh:
1. Irmgard Kordula (my Grandma)
2. Sarah G
3. Mike

Two things I hope to accomplish today:
1. Homework
2. Cleaning the house

One reason why cleaning probably isn't going to get done:
1. It's too darn nice out!

No comments:

Post a Comment