Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I can't even type, I'm sweating so bad

When we moved into the TLF, we were given a piece of paper with a picture of the thermostat on it. Below the picture, it says: "Adjust to the required temperature." The paper also includes a picture of a 2-plate light switch, which controls the swamp cooler, and also provides directions to turn on the cooler. It also says to NOT touch the thermostat, as this will make the unit warmer. So can I touch the thermostat or not? Right now its about 80 degrees in here, despite the swamp cooler pumping in tandem with the heater, and sweat is literally dripping down my face.

Come on Lodging, turn off the heat! I went for a run this morning, and wouldn't you know, it was cooler outside in nature than in this sweat box. If only I could open the windows, or sit outside. But I can't.

Coincidentally, today is the day Lodging has decided to spray all the lawns with a pesticide that turns them all an unnatural shade of green. To open my windows would mean breathing in pesticides, and the man doing the spraying is wearing a chemical warfare suit with a gas mask, so I'm not taking any chances.

I can't even think of a creative punch line to finish this story and my deodorant has officially lost its effectiveness. Time for a shower...cold.

1 comment:

  1. LOL....Oh sarah I feel bad for you!!!! Thank God it's only temporary!

    ReplyDelete