Sunday, May 23, 2010

How Fighter Pilots Roll

We got home from being out of town yesterday. We were in Phoenix all weekend to celebrate Mike's best friend's graduation from Fighter Pilot school. He is also named Mike and is an F-16 pilot. Mike & his wife Anjulie will be moving to Korea shortly and we'll miss them terribly! Since we got married almost two years ago, we have managed to get together with Mike & Anjulie several times and all get along really well. I didn't take a ton of pictures (which of course, I regret now) but here are a few from the actual graduation night. There was a social hour with cocktails and a nice dinner...it was all very formal which was fun.

Me & Anjulie...feeling oh-so-girly after getting our nails done!

Me & the hub-a-dub-dub

Mike & his Dad

Mike & Anjulie

The Mikes & Anjulie all went to high school in Italy together...it's so neat that they kept in touch over the years!

Mike & Mike...apparently they were quite the studs in high school! :)

Mike & Anjulie, Mike's parents, my Mike's Dad, Mike & me

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I loved the last post about the navy and black together because I was questioning the judgement... You looked great and looks like a fun time. Also, I would love a post on how fighter pilots do really roll. I have heard some stories about parties but never really know what to believe (the pg version!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we didn't roll with them following the party so my experience was probably pretty tame. But their graduation was a lot different than Mike's! A lot more formal and when the guys take their jackets off, their mess dress shirts are crazy...they get ridiculous fabric for the sleeves, so you can't see it when the mess dress jackets are on. Its kind of like a mullet: business with the jacket on...jacket off = par-tay!

    ReplyDelete