Last week, I took a trip home to Illinois to visit my Grandma. (Obviously, I also saw my parents and my dad's family, but the motivating force behind the trip was to see Grandma.) I have blogged about Nanny Irmgard before in a few posts (but
this one is my favorite!), due to getting to visit her a couple times earlier this year. While Mike was gone at SERE, and with me not having a house (therefore, house responsibilities), I figured it was the perfect time to schedule a quick visit.
My Grandma is undergoing a colonoscopy tomorrow, and surgery on Thursday to remove a softball-size tumor that is growing in/around her colon. The doctor suspects colon cancer, but I guess you never know until they remove the mass and biopsy it. Grandma is 85, and to open her up and do a surgery like this will require about 9 months of recovery.
 |
| Grandma & I on her 85th birthday! |
I'm very grateful to have been able to spend a few days with her before her procedure. We had a great time, and as always, many laughs! She is one special lady.
She is one beautiful lady. I'm glad you got visit with her. I will keep her in my prayers.
ReplyDelete