Thursday, October 14, 2010

Losing steam

It's Day 3 of the 21-day detox, and I am fading fast. This morning I woke up with no motivation, or energy. I also thought, "How am I going to do this for the next 18 days?!?!?" (Good thing I cleaned the house yesterday, because it would NOT have gotten done today!) Though, I am feeling lighter (which might be mental, but I will take it!) and let's face it, when you exist on vegetables, fruits, and lean meats, you feel pretty darn healthy, and that's a good thing.

I have a new found appreciation for people who have food allergies or intolerance. Holy cow, you guys go through a LOT!!! I went to the commissary yesterday to try and find a gluten, nut, soy, & dairy free cake mix for my birthday on Sunday. I found a mix, (mmm, CHOCOLATE) which I'm sure will be delicious, and there was even a gluten-free frosting mix, so I picked that up too. The frosting calls for some butter, which is a no-no for me while doing the detox, but there was a note at the bottom of the box that said dairy-free butter could be substituted. I didn't even know such a thing existed. So...I traveled over to the dairy aisle, and amidst the yogurt, cheese, and other yummy things I spied the dairy-free butter. Only, it contained soy. Another no-no. Ugh.

So tomorrow my plans include traveling to the health food store in town to see if they have allergen-free butter. If not, I will just make the frosting as is, and leave a piece of the cake plain for myself. I can totally do this, it just takes some extra thought and planning.

Speaking of my birthday, Mike has invited a bunch of people over on Saturday for pumpkin carving and food and festivities. I asked him last night, "What are we going to do about food? Are we going to make stuff for everyone else and then make sure that I have something that is diet-approved? How is this going to work?" He calmly "shushed" me, and said "It's your birthday! Don't worry about it. I'm going to take care of everything!" thus saving me the headache of trying to figure everything out and stress out over food and the diet. What a hunk! I ♥ him.

No comments:

Post a Comment