Our Boll Weevil ornament is probably the most hilarious thing we own, and I made it my mission to find a boll weevil ornament before we moved. When we lived in Alabama, our house was about 2 blocks from the monument. It's ridiculous, but an interesting piece of Enterprise history. Not going to lie though, I laughed pretty hard when I took it out of its box this year. You can bet the weevil earned a place of honor on our tree.
A cowboy from Jerome, Arizona. We spent a weekend in Sedona, AZ with our friends, John & Sarah, and this cowboy reminded me of the tour guide we had on a jeep tour we took that day.
Jerome, AZ...home of the best hamburger I have EVER eaten!
Santa painted on a chile pepper...Santa Fe, New Mexico. While living in Albuquerque, I can't even count all the times we were asked, "You want green chile?" They put it on everything! I love it, but Mike (who doesn't like spicy food) didn't appreciate the chile as I did. Nonetheless, we thought it would be funny to have a chile pepper ornament.
Santa Fe, NM
Mike had to show his love for the Academy! We got this on a trip to Colorado Springs for Easter this year.
This one is from a weekend trip to Pagosa Springs, CO. We stayed at a friend of Mike's parent's house, and the view from the house was absolutely amazing, and this ornament reminds me of it.
Noah's Ark from Pagosa Springs
The artist Michael Garman has a shop in Colorado Springs, and we've always like this particular sculpture because to us, it looks like Grandpa Scott.
Another find in Colorado Springs...Garden of the Gods is memorable for sure! It's where Mike proposed.
From our trip this summer to Glacier National Park
An elk from Galcier
Only recently got this one to commemorate the move to Montana that happened in June!
Lots of fun memories.
These next two are bonus...
Mike and I at the squadron Christmas party
A sweet little puppy dog snoozing under the tree

First...cute dress ;)
ReplyDeleteSecond...the ornament obsession is yet another thing we share in common...I too have to get at least 5 new ornaments (if not 15+) a year! And I too love that our tree tells a story because each ornament is unique and has a history!)
Third...no reason to "whittle" down on the ornaments...just get a second tree!!!! You can always have a smaller one if nothing else ;)
Fourth...oh the Boll Weevil...just brought back a few memories...hahah...you will never forget that little place!
Love ya!
~Britt
I always think of that dress as my Brittany dress...hahaha. Love you friend!
ReplyDeleteTotally right there with you on the ornament craze! Been collecting since I was a kid. Now I have a "fussy" tree with dozens and dozens of red and gold ornaments. I hand picked all the ornaments, some are from my old collection, and it's festive and sparkly. But because it has no ornaments made from juice can lids or spray-painted macaroni, my kids have proclaimed it "lame". Actually the puppy I blogged about in "Free to good Home" ATE the first version of our Christmas tree this year, lights and all. Check out www.chickfood.blogspot.com for a picture of the new one....a 7 foot fake fir on a 3 foot pedestal. That'll fix 'er.....
ReplyDelete