"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating." --Luciano Pavarotti
If that doesn't give you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, I don't know what will. I love food.
Mike received a cookbook for Christmas entitled "The Good Stuff Cookbook: Burgers, Fries, Shakes, Wedges, and More". We've pored over it a few times, drooling over the pictures of various delicacies, and waiting for the day when we would pig out on an entire meal from this cookbook. We had the recipes picked a few weeks ago (yes, seriously) for our burger-fry-shake extravaganza and it all went down on Friday night.
And before you feel bad for me over all the calories I'm sure I consumed, just stop. Remember the credo: "Everything in Moderation."
We made burgers, that were neatly wrapped in wax paper to catch the delicious drippings of the sauced bun, roasted mushrooms, caramelized onions, and two types of cheese. We made our own fries that were coated in sea salt, thyme, and rosemary. We also made toasted marshmallow milkshakes that were to DIE for. All of these components took quite a while to make, so when we finally did sit down to eat, it was well into the night. But as grease dripped down my chin, Mike and I made eye contact over those delicious burgers, and with expressions of glee and full bellies, we agreed that our gorge was worth it.
![]() | ||
| Since my picture didn't turn out very well, this is a picture of our burger at the restaurant The Good Stuff Eatery in Washington, DC. Someone please go there....right now! |
And since I won't be having another night like this for a while, here is the recipe for the toasted marshmallow milkshake. If you make it, I promise to live vicariously through you.
Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake (double yum)--Serves 4
- 1 16-oz bag of jumbo-sized mallows
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups creamy vanilla ice cream
- 1 T sour cream



What a wonderful event! Nothing better than eating greasy, naughty food with your honey!
ReplyDeleteThat shake sounds AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful night of food!! I totally agree with the quote too. You should get it printed to go on a wall in your kitchen. That milkshake sounds awesome, I think we are going to have to try that one soon.
ReplyDelete