Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sarah, ARN

Just call me Sarah, Almost-RN.

I started nursing school 2 weeks ago, and am still trying to organize myself. Yes, I am finally in real nursing school...no more prerequisites to complete. However, it seems like after the process of getting into the program here: applying over a year ago, waiting to be accepted, taking all the prerequisites, etc, I am now at the beginning of a very intimidating 5-semester long road. I guess getting in was one process, actually going through and completing is another.

Before my first day, I couldn't sleep. I was nervous. Mike was supportive as always: "I don't get you. You've been in school longer than anyone I know. Just don't forget, Scott's get A's." No pressure or anything. Man, I can't wait till he starts his Master's degree.

But it has been exciting. I have purchased scrubs, a lab coat, textbooks up the wazoo, and a stethoscope. "Where does one even buy a stethoscope?" I wondered, prior to my purchase. Well, now I know. I even listened to Crockett's heart the other day after the stethoscope came in the mail. He didn't like it much. Mike didn't either...I had to beg him to let me try and listen. I need some more obliging test subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment