Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year's Resolutions...and then some

Well, 2010 came in an absolute whirlwind for Mike and me. After a trip to DC for Christmas, we returned to Alabama for a few days before our house was packed up on New Year's Eve. This move, I have to say, was especially frustrating for several reasons. 1) The movers did not return to load the van the following day due to the New Year's Day holiday and the weekend so we were living without anything for a whole week. 2) Mike's move to Albuquerque is a TDY(temporary duty) en route, so we had to set aside anything we could possibly need for the next few months, without really knowing what that might be. I now have sympathy for all of you moving overseas. 3) The last several days Mike and I spent together before this separation were rather stressful due to the length of the move.

Anyway, everything eventually got done, so now I should explain the separation I mentioned. Mike has to complete a course at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque before our move to Malmstrom AFB in Montana. Because this is a TDY, he is required to live on base for the duration of his course, unless the hotel there is full. The hotel was not full, and the room he was given did not allow pets. So...we are waiting for a pet-friendly room to open up and in the meantime I'm going to be living with Crockett in Illinois with my parents. We have no idea how long this will last but are trying to stay positive.

So while in Illinois, my schedule is pretty much open. Besides trying to lose some holiday/moving poundage and being a dog mom, I don't have a whole lot planned for the next few months. Mike suggested I start a blog, so here we are. Hopefully this will prove to be an invigorating read for you, but if not, hey, just humor me anyway. I promise to make it look a little nicer and add some photos ASAP.

Mike left yesterday to begin the journey to New Mexico. He has several fun stops planned along the way, so hopefully that will go well. I also left Enterprise, AL and the boll weevils yesterday with Crockett and we drove to Nashville. I had planned to drive to Illinois today, but am snowed in! Pray that the roads will clear and I can make it home safely tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad all is well....miss you guys and Crockett :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for your new blog and new move! (and for the potato chip rescue!)
    I will SO keep up with you and Henry decided to stalk Crockett via the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey guys thanks for thinking of us here in the Springs! You all are going to LOVE Montana! Big open skies and buffalo! what more could you ask for?...........What part of MT, I have some friends in Missoula, Big Sky, and Bozeman.

    take care!
    http://www.betzfamilyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete