Monday, June 7, 2010

Cleaning Out the Cupboard

I don't know about anyone else, but when I am moving, I try to refrain from going to the grocery store in an effort to empty out the pantry and refrigerator. Any food I have left over is pawned off on the poor souls I am leaving behind. I like to think of it as something to remember me by, even if all I have left in the freezer is an open bag of freezer burned peas. What happens to the gifted food is beyond my control. If it ends up in the trash, so be it, but I can feel better about the situation knowing that I was not wasteful.

On the other hand, a limited pantry results in some real imagination when it comes to whipping up dinner for the final week in any given place. This week, Mike and I will be dining on meals created using the following items: leftovers, frozen waffles, Oreos, peanut butter, eggs, an apple, a cucumber, pancake mix (I think we will be having breakfast for dinner a few times), yogurt, celery, and baby carrots.Our pathetic fridge...there are two bottles of wine, but these may only be used as a last resort.


1 comment:

  1. Haha, I'm right there with you. We looked in our pantry and realized we had 5 boxes of pancake mix!! We'll be having breakfast for dinner quite a few times as well! Good luck with the move!!

    ReplyDelete