Friday, June 4, 2010

Moving Time!

Well, it's that time again! I will be leaving for Montana in six days! Unfortunately the timing did not work out for Mike to complete the course here by the time we get the boot from the pet friendly TLF so Crockett and I will be traveling solo. Hopefully Mike will not be far behind us, as he only has 6 or 7 flights left. (I say 6 or 7 because there is a possibility that a start-up flight will be tacked onto his syllabus. If you go longer than 2 weeks without flying, this "start-up" is required.) This is our third PCS (Permanent Change of Station--aka "move" in military speak) in two years, and that does not include the move to New Mexico! So really, it has been 4 moves for Mike and 5 for me, if you count me going to IL and then to NM (I totally think they both count!). It has been crazy! I'm really glad that once we're in Montana we won't be going anywhere for a few years!

I have a doctor's appointment next Thursday and will be leaving the Duke City with Crockett following the appointment. We'll drive up to Colorado Springs, where I am hoping to have a fun and relaxing weekend with some friends and family. On Monday June 14, I pick up Suzie Q (my mom) from the airport in Denver and we will drive to Cheyenne, WY. (I am very thankful for her volunteering to come do the drive with me! It will make it go so much faster!) On Tuesday, we will finish the 10-ish hours of the trip and arrive in Great Falls, MT!

Luckily, we will not need to stay in a TLF while waiting to obtain a house on base. My awesome sister-in-law is kind enough to open her home to my mom, Crockett, & myself. Mike and I have been on the housing waiting list for a while now (I think since January!) and when we called today to tell them when I would be there, the lady told us that if no one else on the list shows up between now and then, we will get a house right away! I am totally praying for this to happen, but am very thankful to have family nearby in case we have to wait for a house.

So once we get a house, we call the moving company in Alabama and give them our address. They have been storing our goods since January. (Also praying that there are no dead roaches in the boxes!) I'm not sure how it works exactly, since we have never had to store our stuff for this long, but I believe that once we have an address, the moving company can begin to move everything to us. This is the part I am most worried about, but I am staying optimistic and hoping it will not take too long! Hooray for having more than ten outfits, my own sheets, and kitchen items! Hooray for new adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Oh the life of a military wife... You're such a trooper! That stinks that Mike can't go with you, but what a wonderful Mom you have to help you with the drive and a wonderful sis-in-law to give you a temp home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to come visit you love! I'll be thinking of you and I hope the move goes without little troubles! Love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete