I have one word for you: unpredictable. Oh, the life of a military spouse.
Last night we had our first get-together at our house. I have missed getting people together and entertaining. I love it so much! First, a full house just warms my heart. Second, house dinners are so much more fun than going out. Everything is so much more personal. And you can get seconds.
Anyway, we had wanted to invite our friends John & Devon over to thank them for allowing us to use their tent this past weekend. Somehow, we ended up with many more mouths to feed because if four people make a party, surely nine people, a baby, and three dogs will make it even better, right? Absolutely.
I had my dessert made(S'mores bars...can you tell I had s'mores supplies leftover from camping? The box of grahams gave off a slight campfire odor...ha.), my dinner recipe out (Roasted sausages, onions, and peppers on top of spaghetti with garlic bread), and my ingredients prepped...and then I got a text from Mike: "Our helicopter broke and I'm on top of a mountain. Ha."
"Ha"?!?!?!? Not my first thought. Thankfully, nothing went wrong, and he made it home safely in time for a big ol plate of pasta. Hopefully there will be many more fun nights such as these...but minus the helicopter holdup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment