I can't remember the last time I went camping, not to mention Kamping, so needless to say, packing for this 3-night excursion was a little tougher than I thought. I've learned that in Montana, you cannot predict the weather. In college, I thought Colorado was unpredictable, but Montana is even crazier than that. You have to bring outfits for if it is cold, or nice out, not to mention you have to try and match so that in your photos you look decent and not like a crazy person. (Darn you Jamey for teaching me to dress so that my scrapbook pages can look nice!) And then you have to bring towels, food, water, bug spray, sleeping bags, chairs, and so many other things it looks like you are going on a month-long vacay instead of just for the weekend. Oh well. At least we won't go hungry.
We are going to be camping with three other people up near Whitefish, which is about 4 hours away from Great Falls. The plan includes sushi in Whitefish (apparently there's an awesome sushi place there, which for land-locked Montana is saying something), exploring Whitefish, bike riding, possibly zip-lining, and hiking to an actual glacier in Glacier National Park.
Steve, one of the guys we are going with, says that he wants to hike to a glacier, stand on a glacier, smell a glacier, and lick a glacier. This hike is 10 miles. (!!!) Are you kidding me? I've tried to be good about working out, but moving makes it so hard! Needless to say, I have been good this week, but I can't say that it has prepared me to hike 10 miles. Hopefully we will take lots of picture stops. Mike says that he will stay with me, and if we encounter a bear, all I have to do is be faster than the slowest person. I'm betting that I am the slowest person, so hopefully someone brings bear mase.
![]() |
| I kind of want to see one...just a little bit. |
![]() |
| Glacier National Park |



Oh friend...I have taught you so well! You're scrapbook is going to look wonderful now!
ReplyDelete