If you don't know who they are, then clearly you don't watch enough trashy TV. We do not watch the show, but felt that a redneck bounty hunter and his large-chested wife was something we could pull off, so there you have it. Here is an image of the actual Dog and Beth, you tell me if we nailed the costume or not.
As you can see, Mike got tattoos for the occasion, and I received implants. The cost was well worth winning first place at our costume contest. (Only kidding, the tattooed arm is a sleeve from the dollar store and a double D bra was stuffed with about 8 pairs of Mike's socks.)
On Halloween, we felt we were prepared with 6 bags of caramels to give the cute little trick-or-treaters. "Caramels?" you say. Believe me, I was on your side. I wanted to go all out with a variety pack of candy, but Mike (who is so much older and wiser than I) said that we should not get candy that we would want to eat. In theory, this was a stellar plan. Only, we were not anticipating the hoards of kiddos that came out for goodies on Halloween.
Everyone told us, "Living on base is crazy! Be sure you have enough candy!" Well, I can't remember how many we had when we lived in Florida, but last year we got ONE trick-or-treater. So "a lot" to us is like, five kids. We ran out of candy in about forty-five minutes.
Unfortunately, we ran out right in the midst of a huge crowd of kids. Rather than let some of them go away with nothing, Mike told them to sit tight and he would find them something. My poor husband. He scrounged our gluten-dairy-soy-everything free pantry and came out with some unopened large Hershey bars from s'mores making over the summer. (Don't judge, it was that or granola bars.)
Mike distributed the Hershey bars (thank God there were enough) to the kids, and I heard them squeal, "HERSHEY BARS!!!!!!" which made me laugh really hard. We then promptly shut the door, lowered the blinds, turned off all the lights, and ate our dinner in the back room in the dark. It was really strange, but also hilarious. I wonder if that's how Crockett feels when we leave him alone at night?


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the big win! Looks like you two are doing well. So glad you blog so we can keep up with the Scotts!
ReplyDelete